n October 2005 Joint session of Standing committees of State Great Hural (Parliament) on budget and economy supported a possible adherence of Mongolia to the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, and instructed the Government to join this Initiative. The Government approved adherence to EITI at their Cabinet meeting, on January 4th, 2006 and issued the Resolution #1.
- January - The Government approved adherence to EITI at their Cabinet meeting.
- March - Multi-Stakeholders’ Working Group (MSWG), which has functions to implement EITI, were established.
- July - Amendment to Minerals Law of Mongolia (48.10) mandates companies having licenses to disclose and publish paid taxes and payments
- March - Government Resolution #80 endorsed and defined functions and responsibilities of Government institutions in relation to EITI
- April - Tripartite Memorandum of Understanding signed
- April - The EITI reporting templates # 1,2,3,4 were endorsed by joint order of Chairman of National Statistical Committee and Minister for Finance.
- June - Mongolia EITI Secretariat with the function of day to day coordination of EITI in Mongolia was established under the Decree No. 62 of the Prime Minister of Mongolia
- October - Mongolia has designated as Candidate Country
- May - Produced first Mongolia EITI Reconcilation report.
- December - The EITI Validation was undertaken by a consortium led by Coffey International Development in association with Dalaivan Audit LLC.
- June - The Mongolia EITI mid-term strategy 2010-2014 was endorsed by National Council.
- October - Mongolia achieves Compliant status by the transparency standard EITI
- March - At the 5th EITI Global Conference held in Paris, France in March 2011, Mongolia received the Chair’s Awards for consistent improvement in EITI reporting
- 7 сар - The Resolution #222, endorsed by the Government of Mongolia on July 4, 2012, which gives clear specification of which functions and tasks are assigned to State central and local administrative bodies.
- July - The EITI Standard approved.
- July - 25 EITI trainers have been prepared.
- August to November - Mongolia EITI Secretariat organized four "EITI Regional Conferences" at Khovd, Khentii, Darhan-Uul aimags and Ulaanbaatar. Among over 600 local representatives and it covered 20 aimags out of 21.
- e-Reporting system was developed with the support of EBRD and Adam Smith International
- EITI town level roadshows activated
- e-Reporting system launched and 922 companies send their 2014 report electronically.
- Draft law on Transparency of Mineral Resources Sector submitted to Parliament.
- EITI 1st National Forum was organized.
- Since 2006 Mongolia produced nine EITI Reports in total.